About the email test
What is tested?
After you enter a domain name of an email service, we will test if the email service offers support for the modern Internet Standards below.
- IPv6: reachable via modern internet address?
- DNSSEC: domain names signed?
- DMARC, DKIM and SPF: authenticity marks against email phishing?
- STARTTLS and DANE: secure mail server connection?
- RPKI: route authorisation?
Note: some standards are even relevant if there are no mail servers configured for your domain.
After the test is finished, you are directed to a test report. The report contains an overall percentage score and results per test section and per subtest. For more information see "Explanation of test report".
How to improve?
You can use this test report to improve your mail service. Usually contacting your mail hoster on this will be the best next step. In the communication with your mail hoster you can use the permalink (i.e. the URL) of the test report.
You can integrate the email test into your own website using our widget code.